BlogLovin'

Follow

Friday, July 15, 2016

That's A Wrap!

Hello Love,

Thank you guys so much for following me on yet another journey. I honestly can't believe how quickly Harper's story flew by. [tear]

I have to say, I truly miss the New York Dixie days. Not just the cuteness between Lynn and Jonah, or the drama in Kadie and Sarah's world, but mostly the interaction I had with you all. I think the reason that story went on for so long was because you all encouraged me each week with your love and support. I felt a bond between the regular commenters and even grew to learn the difference between the "anonymous"'s.

Not to be a buzz kill, but I was hoping to get a taste of the old days with the Q&A. Surprisingly optimistic of me, I know. It makes me very very happy to know that you all wanted an epilogue because, well, that means you really did like the story. I think it's a plague amongst writers to never understand the level of their writing/storytelling abilities, lol. Although I truly appreciate everyone wanting to hear more, as the author, it doesn't feel right to me. During New York Dixie I included an epilogue because we had been involved with Lynn since the beginning of her "new life."

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I want each and everyone of you to believe what happens with Harper and Nolan is true. I'm handing the pen over to you.

As for the Q&A I received a few questions from a commenter:

Questions:
1. Do you plan on writing any more or is this your final blog?
2. What part of Dallas do you live in and what do you do for real work? Or are you a student?
3. Did you base this story on a real book you read?




1. I plan on writing as much as possible! Ending a blog is the most bitter sweet feeling. At first you're relieved then that absent feeling starts to kick in and you realize the joy you once had is gone. It's one of the best motivations to get yourself back into gear and create a new story. I know I'm not active on my personal blog (ZaraKennedy.BlogSpot.com) But, I hope you all are following me or at least regularly checking because that is where I will be announcing my next project/blog. I'm still not sure if I will continue writing in "book" style or go back to "blog" style. Both have their pros and cons, but I guess it's really up to ya'll!

2. I'm located in a suburb of North Dallas and I'm currently a student! I spent most of my "working" days in the medical field, specifically dermatology, and decided at the time that was where I wanted to go towards. Then I discovered writing and my life became a lot more confusing lol.

3. Yes! Kind of, sort of. There are many books about the "21 Questions" theory. I read an article a few years ago about an author who had written 36 questions to ask a loved one in order to build a mutual bond. (It's very loosely based on the actual questions and more on the concept. ) Almost immediately the idea came to mind about how the theory would work on two strangers rather than two people who are already in a relationship. Although I had the idea while New York Dixie was still active the details didn't actually fall into place until recently. We had already spent almost two years watching the puzzle fit perfectly for Lynn, so I knew things had to be a little more difficult for Harper. I think it was more of a way to challenge myself as a writer. A while ago I had told y'all I was working on a book. Well, this was it! Of course it would have been more refined and edited with far more "story" to tell, but I didn't feel right making you all purchase an ebook. I know eventually I would like to sell books, but I owe a lot to you all and honestly it felt much better sharing it with you over the last few months. 



This isn't the end! Please stop by any of my blogs from time to time. Nothing makes me happier than to hear from you. I promise I'll have a new project soon! 

Xx, 
Zara

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for being such a great writer! Looking forward to your next project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zara Jambo(I'm from Nairobi) been here since Lynn first stumbled intoo new york city and into my life twice or three times a week. I definitely enjoyed Harpers story you are a very good writer and if you ever published a book I would buy it. All the best... keep writing

    ReplyDelete